Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Secret is sooo Cool!

When I heard that the name of the group of bombers in London was the secret society of al qaeda in Iraq. I was like: give me a fucking break! Your al qaeda! Everyone knows you're secret already. I mean, is it called the SCCIA? (Secret Club of the Central Intelligence Agency) No. I used to belong to a secret society too. It met in my tree house. Based on the name of the group alone you could guess that the bombers were 25 years old or younger. As it turned out one was 35 but the youngest was still a teenager.

What does this mean? I'm not sure, but I just think that as we try to understand how to solve the problem of terrorism everyone should keep in the back of their head that Shahzad Tanweer, Hasib Hussain, and Rashid Facha probably have a lot in common with Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.

1 comment:

freethoughtguy said...

Except that Haris and Klebold were nihilists.

The al-Qaeda suicide bombers were men of faith. They are being rewarded as martyrs in an afterlife, enjoying heavenly nookie from 72 virgins.

Or so they thought.